Due to the ever-increasing complexity of Honda vehicles, the introduction of on-board safety and collision avoidance systems, and the use of advanced materials in manufacturing, the collision repair industry has been forced to evolve beyond offering simple “mechanic” services. That is to say, it’s not enough merely to restore the surface cosmetic appearance of a damaged automobile to “like new” condition; nowadays, a professional body shop needs to maintain the underlying safety integrity of the vehicle as well.
To meet this need, Honda introduced their ProFirst Certified program, by which qualified body shops are independently validated for their training, methodology, tools and equipment, customer satisfaction, and of course knowledge and skills in repairing Honda and Acura automobiles.
To qualify for this certification, the body shop must not just be dedicated to their craft, but also exceed a high bar of stringent requirements. Besides being I-CAR Gold Class Certified, it must also:
- employ at least one structural technician, one nonstructural technician, and one estimator;
- commit to providing ongoing industry education, certification, and Honda-specific training for its technicians;
- have on hand a wide array of specifically authorized tools and equipment for collision repair, mechanical repair, welding and MIG brazing, and painting and refinishing of damaged vehicles;
- maintain a dependable Customer Care system;
- keep a clean, safe, and secure facility dedicated to total customer satisfaction; and
- submit to annual third-party verification and certification to ensure the body shop stays current with the latest in Honda automotive technology.
In the unfortunate event of collision or other damage to your Honda or Acura car, the company makes it easy for its customers to locate a qualified ProFirst repair facility near you. With its state-of-the-art service facility and access to authorized replacement parts, Keri Coach Works is proud to count itself among that elite network of Honda-qualified body shops that have met the company’s rigorous standards and strict criteria. Our experienced team of trained technicians stands ready to get you back on the road—quickly and safely.
For excellence in Honda repair on Long Island, choose Keri Coach Works!
Given the commitment to safety for which Honda-made cars are known, it only makes sense that this company demands an equal level of reliability from the body shops certified to repair their vehicles.